- Middle School
- Summer Camps
Dear Camp Families,
Our countdown to summer has begun and we’re looking forward to an exciting summer with the children. Our goal is that each camper will have a fun, safe and personally rewarding time at WVC Summer Camp.
Camp supervision of campers - On campus has ratio of 1 adult : 12 campers. Off campus field trips has supervision ratio of 1 adult : 4 campers.
Following are some items that will help you and your camper(s) get the most, the best and the safest experience from camp:
1. Please send a nutritious morning snack. If you pack a lunch, please do not send any glass bottles or containers. The camp provides an afternoon treat.
2. Please make note of the Wednesday excursion departure times and lunch fees. We charter a bus and we cannot wait for ‘late birds’. Please be prompt so that we can depart on schedule.
3. The Camp T-Shirt MUST be worn on Wednesday excursions and swim days. If your camper arrives without the Camp T-shirt we will provide a rental shirt for a $5.00 charge.
4. All footwear MUST have a backstrap. We recommend shoes/sandals with toe protection. Flip flops should not be worn to camp but may be packed with swim gear for the pool. Water shoes (not flip flops) are recommended for water play days on campus (on the grass) and at all water parks (this saves a lot of cuts, scrapes and sore/burned feet).
5. Morning day care (7:00-9:00) is free. Afternoon day care (3:45-5:45) is charged at $5.00 per hour. OUR STAFF MEMBERS SHOULD BE LOCKING THE DOORS AND GOING HOME TO THEIR FAMILIES AT 5:45 P.M. PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE. The late charge is $2.00 per minute.
6. On-campus lunches are provided for $5:00 each on Monday, Tuesday and Friday only. Siblings may share a block of lunch tickets. Campers must bring a lunch from home on all swim days as well as designated excursion days.
7. A camper may not attend camp unless tuition is current and paid no later than arrival on the first day of attendance for the scheduled week (Traditional Schedule). There are not exceptions to this rule. Tuition is paid to the school office.
8. Medication must be in its original container and given to a staff member on arrival. All effort will be made to give medication at required times. Refrigerated meds are not possible on travel days. Campers may not self medicate.
9. Discipline is important and we care about harmony and respect within our camp. Fighting, stealing, inappropriate language, vandalism to camp/school or another child’s property will be brought to the attention of the camper’s parents or guardians. Continued difficulties may result in suspension from camp.
10. FEES, etc.- Schedule changes are subject to a $10.00 fee, per change. Schedule changes made with less than a two-week written notice will not be credited. There is a fee for each returned check. Camper(s) will not be able to attend camp until the account is current. If your camper is ill, we will make every attempt to schedule a make-up day, although we are unable to credit for absences resulting from illness (review item #3 on registration form).
11. Please do not send MONEY on travel days. Our campers are not allowed to shop or purchase snacks or souvenirs (some exceptions made for grades 6-9, check with camp staff).
12. Laptops, electronic games (e.g. Nintendo), MP3 players, Ipods, etc. are not allowed at camp. These items pose distractions to the program and, often, dissention between campers. Campers who carry a cell phone may not use it to listen to music, watch videos, access the internet or chat/text with friends. It may be used for parent/guardian contact only (with staff permission) and must be in a bag/backpack at all other times. The camp/school is not responsible for any lost or broken personal items.
13. Please, put your camper’s name on ALL belongings. This includes, sun screen, towels, hats, clothing (we change clothes on water days, pool days, etc.), lunch bags and boxes, water bottles, shoes, sweaters, etc. Unmarked items are kept for one week only. The camp business phone (billing or scheduling questions, general information, etc.) is 818-884-4710, voice mail ext. 243.
Blessings to you all!